This blog is apt for the users who face the error- ‘QuickBooks cannot create a PDF file’ and find it difficult to deal with this error. Users address this error when they update their Windows to Windows 10 and ask QuickBooks to generate PDF files. Upgradation to Windows 10 causes this error because a new Microsoft XPS document writer device is introduced to the system configuration after upgrading to Windows 10. It gets connected to the “PORTPROMPT,” the default port. Thus, QuickBooks fails to generate PDF files. Continue reading for more info.
Contact our support team at 855-856-0042 for the most efficient assistance regarding the QuickBooks cannot create a PDF file error
Methods to Deal with the QuickBooks PDF Generation Message
The QuickBooks PDF generation message displayed on the screen reads as ‘QuickBooks could not save your form as a PDF file.’ The other one is ‘your forms were not sent because QuickBooks could not create the necessary PDF files.’ QuickBooks provides the Print and Repair Tool to troubleshoot problems when it can’t print, email, or save a PDF file from the QB desktop. Here’s how users can use the tool-
Method 1. Run the QuickBooks Print and Repair Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 1. Download and install the QB tool hub.
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Then, download the latest version of the QB Tool Hub.
- Open the downloaded file (QuikBooksToolHub.exe).
- After that, go ahead with the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install gets completed, double-click the shortcut icon on the screen to open the Tool Hub. (If you can’t
find the icon, search in Windows for QB Tool Hub and select the Program).
Step 2. Run the QuickBooks PDF and Repair Tool from the Tool Hub.
- Select the Program Problems from the QB Tool Hub.
- Then, select QB PDF and Print Repair Tool and Run it.
- After that, try to print, email, and save PDF files from the desktop again.
If the Print and PDF Repair Tool does not fix the issue, then users can go ahead with the solution mentioned below-
You may also read — QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Method 2. Reset the temp folder permissions
Step 1. Reset the temp folder permissions.
- Press the Windows+ R to open the Run command on your desktop.
- Then, type %TEMP% and press Enter.
- Right-click the temp folder and select Properties.
- Then, select Security Tab.
- After that, check all the user names and groups in the Security Tab have Full Control.
- After setting the permission to Full Control, save a PDF again with QB.
Step 2. Confirm you can print to your XPS (This step is only for saving PDF and email issues).
- Open Notepad.
- Type Test. Then, select File and then Print.
- Then, choose XPS Document Writer, and then Print.
- Type a filename and save it in your system.
- In the end, go to the desktop and open the printed XPS Document.
Print to your printer instead of the XPS Document Writer for testing the print issues. And if you can’t print to your printer, contact your IT professional.
We hope this blog was helpful to the users. However, if users are still dealing with the QuickBooks cannot create PDF error, call us at 855-856-0042 for advanced assistance.