I have been supporting computers for over 10 years now. Having reliable tools for specific tasks makes life easier and safer. I have listed below my free tools that make my computer live better.
Avast, your favorite, and reliable antivirus. After failing with the paid and free antivirus, only this brand is judged by me. and if your Malwarebytes won t open in your system then check this
The free version comes with an anti-spyware program that hackers use to get our information and use for their own benefit.
This is the feature that puts Avast at the top.
1. Virus detection Avast is famous for its real-time shield. This feature appears whenever a virus, spyware, or malware-like activity is detected. Mail, Web, P2P, IM, Network, Script, Behavior are part of the real-time shield.
2. Boot-Time Scan Allows the user to scan the computer after booting and before loading windows files. The boot time is the best time to scan the computer when all files are unloaded. This is especially good for rootkit-based viruses.
3. Additional protection Avast adds free services:
* Auto Sandbox will automatically run suspicious programs within Avast sandbox while the program is running. This ensures that no damage is done to the operating system or the documentation.
* WebRep, a module that allows us to view the reputation ranking for each website we visit and even the web search results we do. Technically it works as a browser plugin.
* Site blocking allows us to block access to specific websites / URLs.
“The fastest antivirus program – now slim and meaningful.
AV-Compare org Rated Avast! The antivirus is the fastest solution for Windows. The new version 6.0 offers stronger technology in a smaller package.
Malwarebytes is the trusted brand in the anti-malware world. I always run this program before I run Avast to make sure my computer is free of any malware.
“Byte removal from malware”
C-cleaner This acts like a janitor of my computer, which I used before Malware and Avast. Cleaning includes temporary internet files, cookie history, last typed URL, Index.dat file, latest download location, latest documents, run (In the Start Menu) Autocomplete, Search Other MRU, Empty Recycle Bin, Clipboard, Temporary Files, Memory Dumps, Windows Logs.
Registry cleaning and startup cleaning are other great features of this tool.
“C-Cleaner is the number one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure.”
CHKDSK / R is a startup tool that checks hard drives and displays their status. I always run this every time I have at least 2 hours of free time, including / R in the command means that “Bad sectors will exist and recover readable data.”
Disk Defragmenter is designed to speed up access by rearranging files stored on a disk to use adjacent storage, a technique known as defragmentation. Disk Defragmenter reduces head travel, thereby reducing the time it takes to read files and write files to disk. Starting with Windows XP Disk Defragmenter also reduces startup times.
Most Windows updates are up-to-date, which is good, however, I have chosen the updates wisely before installing them on my system.
Windows Driver Tool keeps my drivers up to date and relieves my headache.
The above tools are free or try them for free.