Canon printers are renowned for their high performance. That’s why people everywhere use them for a variety of printing tasks. However, the printers from this brand also make the users encounter various technical glitches when they operate them. The Canon printer offline problem is a major issue that many printer users have to deal with. It has become a widespread problem today. However, you need to troubleshoot it immediately as you cannot print if your printer goes offline. For it, you should know its causes and the measures you can implement. In this article, you’ll find the reasons as well as techniques that will come in handy whenever your Canon printer goes offline.
Why Canon Printer Offline Problem Occurs
Your Canon printer can show you an offline status for a myriad of reasons. To find more about your printer model and setup, navigate to canon ij setup website. Some probable reasons for the printer offline error include the following.
- Connection problems
- Loose USB cable
- Your printer is in sleep mode.
- Your printer is in a paused mode.
- Empty paper tray
- Paper jam
- Poor internet connection
- Malware attack
- Corrupt printer drivers
- Printer drivers aren’t supporting your Windows after you’ve updated them.
Ways to Fix the Canon Printer Offline Issue
There are various effective troubleshooting techniques to follow the printer offline issue. Follow each method’s stepwise instructions below until you get the desired result.
Reconnect your printing device with Wi-Fi.
It’s one of the most basic things you can do to get your printer back online. Go through the points below to reconnect the printer with Wi-Fi.
- First, disconnect the router from your printer. Then, reconnect it with the printing device.
- In case you have a USB cable connection, link it with the USB’s help.
- If you want to connect your printing device wirelessly with the router, open the ‘Wi-Fi Wizard Setup’ window on your printer’s touch screen and link through it.
- Hold and press the Wi-Fi button on your printer till you see the Wi-Fi light blinking.
- When the printer starts to flash blue light, go to your Wi-Fi router, and tap the WPS button.
Start the Printer Spooler service.
It is another effective way you can try to resolve this problem. Follow these steps below.
- In the ‘Start‘ menu, input ‘service’ in the search box. Then, tap its result.
- Right-tap on ‘Print Spooler.’ Now, tap ‘Restart.’
- Right-tap on ‘Print Spooler‘ once more and choose ‘Properties.’
- Set the ‘Startup Type‘ as ‘Automatic.’
- To save settings, tap ‘OK.’
- Start your PC again and try to print your document.
Disable the option of ‘Use Printer Offline.’
If you have not disabled the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option, you’ll inevitably encounter this issue with your Canon printer. To disable this option, adhere to the following process.
- Navigate to the ‘Control Panel‘ by typing it in the search bar.
- Next, choose ‘Hardware and Sound‘ from the subcategories you see on the screen.
- Next, hit ‘Devices and Printers‘ on the window that appears.
- Right-tap your Canon printer, followed by clicking ‘See what’s printing.’
- Next, tap ‘Printer.’ It will be there at the top-left corner of your screen.
- Now, ensure that you have unchecked the option of ‘Use printer offline.’
- If you find the option checked, remove the tick mark and save the modifications.
- Tap ‘Cancel all documents‘ after making the changes.
- Now try to connect your Canon printer once more.
Update the printer drivers of your Canon printer
If you find the methods listed above not resolving the problem, it means that the issue lies with your printer driver. You will now need to uninstall the driver and reinstall it again. For more information about Canon printer software and drivers, head over to the official website of canon ij setup.
Download the printer driver from the Canon Setup website. Then use these points to reinstall the printer driver properly.
- Launch the ‘Run’ window.
- Open’ Device Manager.’
- Choose ‘Print Queues.’
- After that, right-tap on the printer hardware and choose ‘Update Driver.’
- You will be asked a question, ‘How do you want to search for the driver.’
- Choose ‘Browse my computer for driver software.’
- Select the option to install the printer drivers and then update them accordingly.
- Reboot the system. Your error will have been resolved.
The above techniques will allow you to resolve the Canon IJ Setup problem efficiently. But if you still find that this issue persists, contact Canon printer support services. The support professionals will take care of all your printer problems whenever you face them.