Have your data in QuickBooks ever got corrupted? Have you come across the QuickBooks error C 224 when making an attempt to export a report to a Microsoft excel sheet? Such a problem takes place due to data corruption, especially the corrupted transaction file. However, you do have to be bothered about the data loss as it would not happen, but troubleshooting the problem is essential to function everything correctly. Refer to this detailed blog below and learn various ways to remove the issue permanently.
Have you tried to debug the error message C 224 in QB but failed to remove it? Don’t worry! Our QuickBooks technical assistance is available for you 24*7. Call them at 1.800.579.0391 for quick solutions.
Why do you Receive the Error Code C 224 in QuickBooks?
Are you stuck with QuickBooks transaction file error C 224 and looking for the reasons behind the issue? In order to understand the exact causes, you must give a read to the points we have mentioned further-
- The main reason you are facing the problem could be the corrupted transaction log file.
- There are also high chances that you have not updated your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release, because of which you are constantly encountering the error.
Moving forward, we have provided the most relevant troubleshooting methods for the issue. Check them out in the next part of the blog.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 193
How to Easily Get Rid of the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message C 224?
If you are facing trouble in eliminating the issue and cannot find any appropriate troubleshooting methods for it, go through the solutions we have explained below. You must follow each step carefully-
SOLUTION 1: Fix the Damaged Transaction Log File
- On your Windows desktop, access ‘File Manager’.
- Click on the C: Drive and move to the folder that contains QuickBooks installation files.
- In the file, search for the file that has .TLG extension and similar name as your company file.
- After you locate the file, edit its name by right-clicking on it.
- Choose the ‘Rename’ option and add ‘.OLD’ at the end of the file name.
- Hit ‘Enter’ to save the changes and then, finally, run your QuickBooks Desktop.
SOLUTION 2: Download and Install your QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Update
- Close the QuickBooks program if it is already running and move to the Windows ‘Start’ section.
- Find QuickBooks and right-click on its icon.
- Click on the ‘Run as administrator’ option, and then access the No Company Open screen.
- In the No Company Open window, hit the ‘help’ menu and tap ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’.
- Choose the ‘Options’ tab, click ‘Mark All’, and save the changes by clicking ‘Save’.
- Now, on the ‘Update Now’ tab and checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- Next, tap ‘Get Updates’ to download the available updates.
- At last, exit and run your QuickBooks Desktop again to install the downloaded updates.
As we conclude the blog here, we hope you are now able to perform all the required tasks which got hampered due to the QuickBooks error C 224. Making use of Verify and Rebuild Data in QB might also help to fix the issue. In case you cannot resolve the error, we suggest having a one-to-one consultation with one of our professionals for help via Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.