Sometimes when you try to access your Garmin Express application on your Windows computer you realize that it is not working. Fix Garmin Express not working issue can occur due to various reasons for all of which we have mentioned the troubleshooting steps below in this article.
You are dependent on the Garmin Express application for managing all your Garmin devices whether it is to update maps or the Garmin GPS or just register your Garmin product. Garmin Express not working issue can prevent you from doing all the above tasks and therefore it should be resolved immediately.
If your Garmin Express application fails to start or does not work or quit unexpectedly then you must follow the solutions below to fix the underlying issue:
Solution 1: Update Garmin Express
Start with checking if you have the latest version of Garmin Express on your Windows PC.
To do that you need to download and install the latest version of the app from the Garmin website. While installing the Garmin application again if you see the “Garmin Express is already installed” message it means that your app is already up to date.
Also, make sure that your Windows computer meets the system requirement to install the latest version of the Garmin Express app.
Solution 2: Run Garmin Express with Admin Privileges
- First of all, disconnect your Garmin device from the computer.
- Now close the Garmin Express app.
- On your Windows, search for the Garmin Express app icon and select the Run as administrator option.
Solution 3: Allow Permissions to Garmin Express
- You need to right-click on the Garmin Express app icon on your Windows taskbar.
- Now select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Under permissions set Full Control Option to Allow.
Solution 4: Delete Corrupted Garmin Express Configuration File
Garmin Express not working issue might be caused due to corrupted configuration file. To fix this issue you can simply delete the configuration folder. When you delete the configuration folder Garmin Express will recreate the files after opening the app again.
To delete the Garmin configuration files follow the steps below.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Now enter %localappdata% in the given space.
- Find and right-click on the Garmin_ltd_or_its_subsid folder.
- Now, select Delete and then confirm it by selecting Yes when prompted.
Solution 5: Update Windows
Sometimes, you can face issues with Garmin Express due to outdated Windows versions. To fix this you must install the latest windows update on your system.
Open Settings on your Windows PC, go to the Update and Security section and check for updates. If there are any pending updates you must install them immediately.
Note that to install Windows updates you must be connected to a stable network connection.
Solution 6: Close Garmin Express from Task Manager
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Task Manager.
- Select Yes to allow the task manager to make changes to your computer.
- If you see Garmin Express under processes then select it.
- Now select the End Task option.
- At last, restart your computer and launch Garmin Express again.
Solution 7: Uninstall and Reinstall Garmin Express
If none of the above methods work for you and the Garmin Express not working error persists, then you must uninstall the application right away. Once you have uninstalled the application, follow the steps given below to restart the device.
- For Windows 8.1 and higher versions, Click on the Start button.
- Select Power and then choose Restart.
- For Windows 7 and lower versions, select the Start button.
- Click on the Arrow Icon next to the Shut Down option.
- Now select Restart.
After the restart, open your web browser and visit www.garmin.com/express. You can download the latest version of the Garmin Express app from the above link.
We hope your Garmin Express not working error is resolved after following the above troubleshooting steps. In case the issue persists and you are still not able to open Garmin Express then you should contact our Garmin support experts immediately. Our skilled experts will help you fix your Garmin Express issue right away so that you can go on and get the most out of your Garmin devices.