At its core, creating copies for SEO is majorly about being able to rank your content at the top spots in various search engines. It leads more people to visit your website. It, in turn, holds enormous potential to drive more people to your products or services. Thus, SEO copywriting refers to writing and structuring web content in a manner that it’s fully optimized to get crawled and indexed by the search engine. Professional SEO copywriting services deliver compelling content pieces for businesses that are a fine blend of professional writing and SEO best practices. In this article, you’ll find more about how these services work.
What Does SEO Copywriting Services Do?
The experts of these services excel at identifying a brand’s target customers, after which they craft content that engages and appeals directly to them. It implies that a brand can reach those who are actually looking for their products and services instead of targeting random viewers. As a result, the chances of increased sales and lead generation raises significantly.
Many companies, especially those in the education, eCommerce, and staffing domain leverage an SEO copywriting service to generate high-ranking content. The blog posts and website pages written by expert copywriters work tremendously well in fuelling organic traffic growth to a website.
Stepwise Process That SEO Copywriting Services Follow to Write a Copy
Professional writers adhere to a stepwise format to craft winning SEO copies. The different phases of this process are given below.
1. Keyword research
It’s the first step in this process, wherein you find the search terms and words that your target audience uses to look for something on Google. SEO is all about keyword research. When your content has relevant keywords, it becomes more authoritative for Google. As a result, your content starts ranking high on the search engine results. However, it’s essential to find relevant keywords and compose well-structured content around them.
Keywords are found in the following manner.
- Use a tool like Google Search Console – It’s a great way to find relevant keywords. You only need to build your account, type in your website URL and find a set of keywords that this search engine regards as important to your site. But you need to determine those keywords and search terms that will yield more significant sales. So don’t stop just here.
- Find additional keywords – The next part is to get a list of additional keywords associated with the one you found from Google Search Console. For it, you can use a tool like Ahrefs Keyword Explorer. This tool shows you the volume of every keyword and the number of clicks it generates. Then determine the keywords relevant to your business and those that will produce the highest search volume. After that, structure your content based on it.
2. Transforming keywords into the content
After gathering a detailed keyword list, the next step is to integrate them into your content. At this time, it’s crucial to research the types of topics you can write about. SEO copywriting services find this out by going through your competitor’s content. The process is simple. Just insert your keyword into the search engine. Go through the various articles on the first page of the search engine results. Find what they are about. The ones who are ranking at the top must be offering a unique perspective on the subject.
It’s essential for copywriters to discover a unique angle on the subject. Go through the competitor content carefully so that you can find ways to make your piece better than them. Also, take a look at your own research. Can you take a different approach to a particular topic?
3. Researching content
This part is about the kind of content you will create and what you will be writing about. Apart from researching your competitor pieces, investigate more about non-competitor content also. You can use this content to make your write-ups more valuable.
It’s also imperative to know the tone and voice of your brand. Accordingly, create the articles. Some companies have a straightforward tone. Their pieces are purely research-based. But some have a conversational and laidback tone. So you must write content in that manner.
Your content should be at least 500 words in length. It’s a good practice to break the monotony of the text with headings and subheadings. Professional SEO copywriters structure their articles as follows:
- There is only one heading (H1) which is the title of your page.
- After the title, write an introduction. Ensure to insert the keyword at a suitable place in it. It shouldn’t be too long as many people get bored by a long introduction.
- Use H2 for identifying the primary topics and H3 for subtopics. You can use H4 headings to break the issues further.
- Ensure to include a call-to-action in the conclusion. It encourages readers to try your product.
- The keyword should be in the article at least five times for content that is 500 words long. If the piece is lengthier, insert keywords more than five times.
Apart from the above writing-related points, SEO copywriters also assess the audience for which they are making the content. It allows them to decide on language difficulty and style that they can use while writing. It’s also essential to keep a consistent tone on all pieces of content in a website. It develops cohesiveness among them, which helps visitors and prospective customers feel more familiar with a brand.
5. Adding images
Images make articles lively and readable. The professionals of a copywriting service place images optimized for the web on website copies and content, which encourages the reader to engage with the content more. SEO-optimized pictures also prevent the web page from loading slowly, thus decreasing the bounce rates. Use alt text in your images and ensure that it contains your keywords. The page will then rank well for a keyword in image search results.
6. Reviewing, optimizing and publishing content
After writing, review the content several times to ensure that it does not have any grammatical mistakes. The keywords should be inserted strategically so that the write-up is fully optimized for the search engine. Some things to remember at this point include:
- Adding meta descriptions, no more than 130 characters long. They should be attention-grabbing and must consist of a call to action.
- Don’t make a lengthy URL. The keyword should be present in the URL.
This stepwise process enables SEO copywriting services to furnish highly captivating content pieces to businesses they work with. Note that it takes a lot of research, time, and effort to find keywords, structure content, and optimize it, so it ranks at the top. However, the more you engage in this process, the easier it becomes. If you’re a business owner who needs captivating copies, it’s best to outsource your content requirements to a professional service. It will allow you to focus more on developing your service or product.