If you have performed Netgear Orbi setup in your home, pat yourself on the back. You have made an excellent decision. But, what’s that? Is the LED on your Orbi device blinking white? Well, that might be because of some serious connectivity issues.
But, worry not. The troubleshooting steps mentioned in this post will help you get rid of the Netgear Orbi white light issue in the blink of an eye. So, what are you waiting for? Dig in.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi White Light Issue
- Reboot Your Netgear Orbi
Restarting the device is the first thing that users prefer doing every time they get stuck with technical issues. Perhaps, you need to do the same.
Follow the instructions mentioned below in order to reboot your Netgear Orbi router:
- Disconnect your Orbi router from the satellite as well as the existing modem.
- Power off your Orbi and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Hold on your horses.
- Thereafter, plug your Netgear Orbi router into the wall socket and turn it on.
- Also, do not forget to reconnect your Netgear Orbi router to the satellite and the existing modem.
Now, try to access orbilogin.com and see if the Orbi white light issue has said goodbye to you or not. If not, keep reading.
- Check Your Cable Connections
Whether you have used a power cable to connect your Netgear Orbi router to the power outlet or an Ethernet cable to connect your Orbi router and the existing modem, make sure that your every cable connection is finger-tight.
Additionally, keep in mind that none of the cables you are using have cuts.
- Verify Your Ethernet Connection
If you have used a damaged Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem, it can also cause the white light issue.
To troubleshoot the issue, it is recommended that you either get the cable you are currently using replaced with a new one or connect your devices using a wireless source.
- Bring Your Devices Closer
Apart from ensuring a stable connection between your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem, you also need to keep in mind that the distance between them is not too much.
If you still made the mistake of placing your devices far from each other, then it’s high time that you bring them closer.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Another thing that you can do to get rid of the Netgear Orbi white light issue is to keep WiFi interference at bay.
Therefore, if you have placed your Orbi router anywhere near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, etc, relocate it right away.
- Perform Orbi Firmware Update
You can also try performing Netgear Orbi firmware update to resolve the white light issue. Walk through the below-mentioned guidelines and learn how to update the firmware of your Orbi router to the latest version:
- Download the latest firmware version for your Netgear Orbi router.
- Switch on your PC or laptop and launch an internet browser.
- In the URL bar of the browser, type orbilogin.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- The orbilogin page will come into view.
- Input the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- Once logged in, go to Settings > Browse.
- Select the firmware file you downloaded earlier and click Firmware Upgrade.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
In some time, the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router will get updated to the latest version.
This was all about how you can stop your Netgear Orbi router from blinking white. If the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks helped you even one bit to get rid of the white light issue, do let your fellow readers know via the comment section.