QuickBooks Error 1328 get triggered while installing, updating, or repairing the QuickBooks desktop application. The updating error can get caused due to various reasons. You need to understand the error causes and then figure out the most effective solution to fix the error. If you are stuck with the error and looking for a simple troubleshooting guide, this article is for you. Read the complete article to know more about Error 1328 in QuickBooks.
Dial 1-855-856-0042 in case you are having difficulty fixing the error and need help with troubleshooting.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks won’t Open
What Causes Error 1328 in QuickBooks?
- Your installation files are damaged.
- Corruption in the QuickBooks Program.
- Third-party anti-virus software is interrupting QuickBooks programs.
Some errors in QuickBooks cannot be prevented but easily cured. You can easily fix the error caused due to the reasons listed above if you know what exactly caused the error. However, if you don’t know the cause of the error, you can randomly apply the solutions to the error based on your analysis of the situation.
Troubleshooting Methods for Error 1328 in QuickBooks
Note: You will need the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub app to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic and clean install tools.
Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If the error got triggered due to corruption in the QuickBooks Program, use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix the error. Follow the steps given below to run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool:
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub app.
- Select the Installation Issues tab from the left pane.
- Then click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait for the diagnose to complete.
- Finally, restart the system after the diagnose is complete.
Use the Clean Install tool before Reinstalling QuickBooks
If the previous method did not help resolve the error, you can uninstall QuickBooks and install again after using the clean install tool to get new error-free files. The instructions to clean install are given listed below:
- First, you need to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Next, open the Installation Issues tab from the left side of the QuickBooks Tool Hub window.
- Select the Clean Install Tool button.
- Then click OK.
- After that, choose your QuickBooks and product version.
- Click the Continue button.
- Finally, when the message “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” appears on the
- screen, select the OK button.
- You can install the QuickBooks application again.
This article explains the causes and the solutions to QuickBooks Error 1328. The solutions described above include running QuickBooks install diagnostics and the clean install tool. Dial 1-855-856-0042 if you want to clear any doubts related to the error or the article from a QuickBooks Expert.
You may also read | QuickBooks Error 40001