What if you’re spending all that time and effort just to get traffic to your site and rank on Google, but not getting any results? That would be possible because you’re not focusing on SEO audit. Have you heard of it?
Here is the answer! An SEO audit involves analyzing your website’s performance as it relates to search engine ranking positions. It examines all factors that contribute to the visibility of your website on search engines. Hence you should evaluate any factors that might impede the search performance, such as rankings, backlink profile, content. This will enhance your site’s search ranking, resulting in more visitors, leads, and revenue. Statistics show that 70% of marketers believe SEO is more effective than PPC.
So If you want to be visible to the sight of targeted people seeking the answer to their questions, first you have to build a reputation before Google in order to get high rankings.
Why is it important to audit your website?
An SEO audit is an essential part of maintaining an effective SEO strategy in a Digital Marketing Company. Your website won’t get enough search engine traffic if it’s not optimized for search, and potential customers won’t find it either.
Several factors contribute to the need to perform SEO audits, such as the changes in Google’s algorithm, website errors, outdated content. Therefore, be aware of them and ensure that your website content is updated accordingly.
Important tools for SEO audit:
When auditing your site, take into account the following tools.
- Google Analytics
- Google PageSpeed Insights
- SERP Simulator
- Google Search Console
- Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool
Local SEO Audit
According to Google research, consumers performing a local search via their smartphone were 50% more likely to visit a store within a day than consumers who searched on a computer/tablet.
The organic traffic to your business listing directly depends on local search engine optimization. Local SEO is doomed to failure if your search results are difficult to find by local searchers and you have low ranking pages. An effective local SEO helps you identify areas where you need to improve your site or page.
Make sure to take these steps while conducting local SEO:
- The information must be useful
- Do extensive keyword analysis.
- Search your business in Google to determine the visibility of your local listing.
- On-page optimization is crucial.
- Analyze everything related to Google, including Google+.
- Identify spammy duplicate content
- Review your social media accounts
- Look for link-building opportunities
Technical SEO Audit
Having basic technical knowledge will aid you to optimize your site for search engines and establish creativity with developers. Technical SEO audit is a method of optimizing your website for the crawling and indexing process. By utilizing tech SEO, search engines will index, crawl, interpret, and access your website without a hitch.
There are tons of ways to audit your site technically and for a quick site checkup, you can also use the most useful tool, Screaming Frog SEO Spider effortlessly.
On-page SEO Audit
You can see the title of the page in all of your widgets, bookmarks, and search results. To highlight any issues, kindly use the GSC HTML improvements too.
- Check the length of your title.
- The length should range between 50 and 60 characters.
- Keywords shouldn’t be overused.
- Titles should be unique for every page.
- Be sure to include important keywords.
- Customer-focused writing is essential.
Page Content: you must post about this separately, but be sure to use keywords consistently and appropriately.
- Research and implement keyword strategies.
- Long-tail keywords should be targeted.
- Put your keywords into the correct context.
- You can use the Keyword Tool (available for Pro and Premium subscribers) to measure success. Using this tool, you can track not only your position in SERPs for specific keywords, but you can also monitor the positions of three competitors for the same keywords. Your Weekly Email Digest includes keywords performance data.
Off Page SEO Audit
A backlink is a link that is posted on different websites usually along with some type of content and points to your website. One of the most important ranking signals is the number and quality of backlinks since they indicate trust, authority, and quality content. Without time and effort, they are likely the most difficult to attain.
- You can look at your site’s backlinks and your competitors’ with an online tool such as Monitor Backlinks. The tool shows you which links have no-follow features, and it shows the domain authority of the site linking to yours. You can also disable harmful links with it.
- To increase your backlink profile’s number and quality, optimize your backlink profile.
- Monitor your backlinks constantly to ensure they are of high quality.
Social media engagement:
Engaging on social media will dramatically boost visibility, even if it doesn’t directly affect your Google SEO. You can share your messages or articles across social media channels to reach your audience effectively.
- Organize a presence on social media sites that cater to the audience you want to reach. Look for potential customers in the best places.
- Learn how to develop a strategy for social media tools and the benefits associated with these platforms.
- Your site should include buttons for social sharing so that visitors can share content.
- Using these free apps, you can automatically and continuously monitor your social media activity.
Featured Snippets optimization:
Your organic traffic can be significantly increased with Featured Snippets. How can you get your content included as a featured snippet? In order to show up, work on the following points:
- Your content must be optimized for mobile devices
- HTTPS must be installed
- Make your headers as many as possible (H2 and H3)
- Links to authoritative resources
All in all
When launching a new project or new site, SEO is not only essential for gaining a competitive advantage, but also for putting together a solid strategy for success going forward. Take advantage of the above guide and discover the possible changes you can implement to improve your site’s rankings.