Canon is a famous name in the domain of printers worldwide. Its printers can print many pages in a single minute. Thus, they are highly valued devices in an office or work setting. But these devices can also get various glitches from time to time. Sometimes it fails to respond, other times, it may print very slowly, or the output is faded. The printer is also prone to print jam issues. But there are many Canon printer troubleshooting techniques you can follow to fix a printer that’s not performing optimally. Keep reading to know the various fixes for common Canon printer problems.
Canon Printer Troubleshooting Tips for Common Problems
Specific problems demand specific troubleshooting to be carried out by the user. In the following sections, you’ll find some prevalent problems and what you can do to resolve them.
Steps to take when Canon Printer is not printing
If you find that your Canon printer isn’t printing, as usual, there are certain things you need to check. When facing this problem, check for the following.
- See whether there are any print jobs stuck in the print queue. You can clear them by navigating to printer settings and opening the printer queue. From here, you can clear away the print jobs that are causing problems.
- You should also look for the paper jam error. Open the printer cover and loosen the cartridge header. Take away the stuck paper. Then reinstall the cartridge, followed by resetting the printer.
- Check that the drivers installed aren’t faulty. In case of a defective driver, you must update, download, and reinstall the driver that’s compatible with your printer.
- This problem can also arise when your mobile printing app isn’t syncing with your printer. So, see whether the app is autoselecting your printer and scans and prints the documents.
- Outdated printer drivers can also result in this problem. So, you need to ensure that you are updating your driver timely.
- Check your power connection. A faulty power connection can cause problems in printing.
Fixes for Canon Printer Not responding
You cannot carry out your printing tasks when the Canon printer doesn’t respond. Canon printer troubleshoot tips, when the printer doesn’t respond, are given below.
Run the printer troubleshooter
- Hit the Windows logo key and input ‘troubleshoot.’ Then tap ‘Troubleshoot’ from the results.
- Launch the troubleshooter. Windows 10 users should tap ‘Printer’ and then tap ‘Run the troubleshooter.’
- Follow the instructions and finish the troubleshooting.
Reset the print spooler service
- Hit the Windows logo key and R. Then type ‘services.msc’ in the ‘Run’ box.
- Hit’ Enter.’
- Tap’ Print Spooler’ followed by ‘Restart.’ Now check if your printer can print.
Configure the right printer port for your Canon printer
- Hit the Windows logo key and R on the keyboard.
- Input’ control’ and hit the Enter button.
- Choose ‘Large Icons’ below ‘View by.’
- Tap ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Right-tap your Canon printer. Then tap ‘Printer Properties.’
- Then tap ‘Change Properties.’
- Tap the tab of ‘Port.’ Check the port that has your printer’s name, and has ‘DOT4’ or ‘USB’ in the description if you link your printer with USB. If you use a network printer, the port should have ‘WSD’ or ‘IP’ in the description.
- Finally, tap ‘Apply.’
- Click ‘Print Test Page in the ‘General’ tab.
3. Fixes for Canon Printer printing slowly.
There are various Canon printer troubleshooting techniques, like canceling printing processes, using the Draft mode, and disabling automatic duplexing for this problem. You can find each of these techniques below.
Cancel every printing process
- Go to ‘Control Panel’ and choose ‘View Devices and Printers.’
- Choose the Canon printer as your default printer.
- Next, modify the printing properties by right-tapping on them.
- Ensure that you have deselected every port.
- Now, tap ‘OK.’
- Open the taskbar and tap the printer icon that displays a list of tasks.
- Cancel every task and start printing again.
Use Draft mode
- The draft mode in the printer will help you to print documents more speedily as compared to the high-quality mode.
- Navigate to ‘Devices and Printers.’ Right-tap on your Canon printer for opening ‘Printer Properties.’
- You’ll see either the tab of ‘Print Quality,’ or ‘Draft,’ or ‘Fast.’
- Open whichever of these you find. Choose ‘Draft’ and then select the ‘Always print with current settings’ checkbox.
- Tap ‘OK.’
Turn off automatic duplexing
- Launch the ‘Control Panel.’ Navigate to the ‘Printer Property’ settings and tap ‘Device Settings.’
- Uncheck the ‘Allow Manual Duplexing’ checkbox.
- Tap ‘OK,’ and you will successfully disable the automatic duplexing option.
4. Resolutions to fix Canon printer not printing in color
When Canon printer does not print color, you can use certain techniques like checking your ink cartridge, updating the printer driver, and checking the color printing settings. Find stepwise instructions for all these techniques below.
Check the ink cartridge
- Open the printer’s front door.
- Remove the cartridge very carefully.
- Inspect the ink level and replace the cartridge that’s empty with full ink.
- Now adjust the cartridge to its initial position.
- After that print, a test page and check the quality of the print.
Update the driver
The printer driver plays a crucial role in the printing process. If it is outdated or installed incorrectly, you’ll face this issue. So update the driver to its latest version. Download the printer driver from Canon’s official website and install it in your system.
Enable color printing option in the settings
- Tap ‘Start’ and open the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Next, tap on ‘Printers and Scanners.’
- Now select your Canon printer from the list of printers.
- Tap the ‘Properties’ tab.
- Check if you have enabled color printing. If not, enable it.
- Print a test page.
All these different Canon printer troubleshooting techniques will help you fix multiple printer problems. Use them according to the problem you are facing. If you still find your issue unresolved, connect with Canon printer customer support staff. The experts will surely resolve all your Canon printer problems so you can benefit from a smooth printing performance.