Facing issues while accessing the Netgear extender’s default IP? Can’t access the extender’s settings page using 192.168.1.250? Need not to worry! This piece of writing will be of great help. Here, we will guide on how to fix “Can’t access Netgear extender IP” issue in a fly. Let’s take the plunge!
Fix: Netgear Extender IP Not Working
Fix 1: Is the Web Browser Up-to-Date?
On the off chance if you are using an outdated version of the internet browser, then you will surely face “Netgear extender IP not working” issue. Thus, to access the extender’s settings page using 192.168.1.250 IP without any hassle, it is suggested to use an up-to-date internet browser only. Apart from this, we also suggest:
- Close all the unwanted open tabs. This will boost up your browsing speed.
- Clear the browsing history, cache, junk files, and cookies. This will prevent 192.168.1.250 IP not working issue.
- Avoid entering the 192.168.1.250 IP in the search bar.
Fix 2: Check the Wired Connections
Another main reason behind Netgear extender IP not working issue is improper or loose wired connections. Therefore, prior to giving any advance troubleshooting tip a try, we recommend:
- Check the wired connections made between your Netgear extender and router.
- The connection between them must not be loose or faulty.
- Swap the Ethernet cable with a new one (if it is damaged or dusty).
- Once you’re done, check the Ethernet connection between the devices whether it has been successfully established or not by accessing the extender IP again.
Fix 3: Verify the IP and Login Password
Users, at times, in hurry make typing errors while entering 192.168.1.250 IP or extender’s username and password. As a result, they receive error pop-ups or messages instead of accessing the mywifiext.net login window. Therefore, make sure that you are not making any typing errors while entering the extender IP address.
Furthermore, if you have changed the extenderlogin credentials at the time of initial Netgear extender setup, try using its login portal using the customized username and password.
Fix 4: Power Cycle Your Netgear Extender
Still facing “Netgear extender IP not working” issue? Don’t sweat over it! Try power cycling the extender once. To do so:
- Unplug your Netgear WiFi range extender from the wall socket.
- Also, disconnect your Netgear device from your router, desktop, laptop, and smartphone.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug the Netgear extender back in.
Once done, try to access Netgear extender IP address again and see whether it works for you or not.
Fix 5: Update Netgear Extender Firmware
An outdated Netgear extender firmware version can also be the reason behind IP address not working issue. That is why – to get rid of the IP address not working issue, it is suggested to update the firmware of your Netgear extender to the latest version right away.
To update Netgear extender firmware, do the following:
- Plug your Netgear extender into a working and non-damaged wall outlet.
- Wait for the LEDs on the device to become solid green.
- As soon as the power LED on the device become stable, grab an Ethernet cable and connect the extender to your router.
- Launch an internet browser of your choice on a PC or laptop.
- Navigate to the official site of your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Updating the correct firmware version for your Netgear extender will somehow help you fix the “Netgear extender IP not working” issue.
Fix 6: Verify the WiFi Network
For accessing the Netgear extender default IP address, it is important for you to get connected to correct network. It is strictly recommended – to not use neighboring or free WiFi to access the Netgear extender IP address. To access the extender IP address without any hassle, make sure to get connected to Netgear_ext.
In a Nutshell
So, here ends our article of the best troubleshooting tips to fix “Netgear extender IP not working” issue. On the off chance if you are still struggling with the same, without hesitation – shoot all your queries into the comments section.