If you’re using a Canon printer it is essential to ensure that you have updated your driver for printers. The process of updating the drivers may be confusing, it can also be lengthy. Updates will ensure that your printer responds to all commands.
Updates to the printer driver could be a pain especially if you’re using several devices. The drivers also ensure that the operation of the printer with laptops or computers is in order and running smoothly.
If you’re updating drivers manually, it will take some time. Sometimes, some problems could arise during the process of updating, for instance, the Canon printer being offline. There are multiple ways to fix Canon printer issues; one of them is factory reset Canon printer. It’s impossible to waste time in this fast-paced environment.
Let’s now take a look at the steps to assist you in solving the problem. However, we must first know the printer from Canon as well as its driver.
Canon printer downloads:
The process can be more complex if you’re having multiple printers running different operating systems. There are third-party printers that you can go to obtain the download hyperlinks.
There are a variety of ways in which you can be capable of download the Canon driver for your printer. The most popular method is the automated method that is suggested and is the most simple and fastest method.
It can be accomplished with just a few mouse clicks. It’s very simple even if you’re an absolute novice and have just begun using computers.
You can also update your computer by hand. You’ll need some skills and patience to update your drivers. This is because you will need to locate the correct driver on the internet. After that, you must download it and install it step-by-step.
Automatic update of Canon printer:
If you don’t have the time, time, or patience to update your Canon printer by hand, then you can automate the process. There is a variety of software to help you download the drivers on your own.
If you’ve not upgraded your Canon printer on time there may be problems like the printer not being able to connect to the internet. To avoid this error, ensure that the printer of your Canon is updated at a regular time.
The software will automatically detect the system and then search for the right driver for the system. It is not necessary to know which operating system is running on your computer. There is no need to risk installing and downloading the incorrect driver.
Additionally, you don’t need to worry about making errors you make when installing drivers. The software will handle all of it. You can also automatically update your driver using the free and professional version of the software.
With the professional version, it’s going to require two clicks to complete the Canon printer driver update.
- The first step is to download the program.
- Then, run the program and then press “Scan now. The program will run a scan of the computer and detect the problems it could be having with the driver.
- After that, click the update all option, and it will upload and set up the appropriate version of all drivers that are either not installed or out of date on your system. If you only want to upgrade one printer, choose the printer model you want to update and click the Update button beside it.
You can complete it for no cost if you wish since it’s mostly manual.
Manually update your Canon driver for your printer:
If you’re planning to make changes to the printer of Canon manually, here’s the process you have to follow.
- Go to the official site of the Canon.
- On the pop-up screen, the next step is to scroll down and select the support.
- You will be able to browse by type and then select the printer’s choice there.
- On the left, there is a list of the various printers. It is important to choose the printer you have previously used.
- Next, on the page, you will need to select the driver as well as the downloads.
- Then, expand the operating system, and then you will need to select the Windows version. Under the heading of driver options, you will need to click on the select button right next to the driver you want.
- Finally, click on the download button.
- If you feel that you don’t know what to do to install and download the driver by hand, you’ll be able to figure out how to install and download the driver by following the steps outlined above.
- Once you have confirmed that your driver has been updated successfully, you will need to restart the printer and computer for the updates to take effect completely.
Here are steps by that you’ll be able to figure out how to update your Canon driver for the printer. Some may not be able to update the printer. In that scenario, you should reach out to experts and they’ll offer you the best solutions!